“One should be a human being first and then a doctor.” ( Voltaire )
As a specialist in orthopedics and traumatology, you can contact me with acute injuries and chronic degenerative diseases of the entire musculoskeletal system. I take the time for a precise examination and diagnostics in order to determine an individually tailored therapy together with you. In my experience, many complaints can be treated without surgery. At CORPUS, we have a wide range of therapeutic options available for this purpose. Because, as the saying goes: “The best operation is the one you don’t need.”
If there is still a need for surgical care, I will be happy to look after you from the initial consultation through the operation to aftercare and rehabilitation.
- Diagnosis of acute and chronic pain in the entire musculoskeletal system
- Conservative and surgical therapy (open, arthroscopic) for all shoulder diseases
- Artificial joint replacements for the shoulder, hip and knee
- Hand and Foot Surgery
- Entire range of conservative and surgical fracture treatment
- osteoporosis therapy
- infiltration therapy, injections
- Osteopathy, manual therapy
- Bandages, orthoses, insoles
Monday and Wednesday 2:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m
- 2020: Clinic Ottakring (formerly Wilhelminenspital), trauma surgery and orthopaedics
- 2019: Specialist in orthopedics and traumatology
- 2017-2020: Klinikum Bogenhausen, Munich, trauma surgery and orthopaedics
- 2015-2017: Clinic Ottakring (formerly Wilhelminenspital), trauma surgery and orthopaedics
- 2014: Duke University Hospital, North Carolina, USA, Orthopedics
- 2012-2013: Divine Savior Hospital, General Surgery
- 2004-2011: Medical University of Vienna
- Torsional stiffness after subtalar arthrodesis using second generation headless compression screws: Biomechanical comparison of 2-screw and 3-screw fixation.
Riedl M1, Glisson RR 2, Matsumoto T 3, Hofstaetter SG4, Easley ME 5. Clin Biomech (Bristol, Avon). 2017 Jun;45:32-37. doi: 10.1016/j.clinbiomech.2017.04.004. Epub 2017 Apr 19.
- The influence of patient’s age and bone mineral density on the stability of severe hallux valgus surgery: a biomechanical study .
Stefan G Hofstaetter, Markus Riedl, Richard R Glisson, Klemens Trieb, Mark E Easley. Department of orthopedic surgery- Duke University Hospital. Clin Biomech (Bristol, Avon). 2016 Feb;32:255-60. doi: 10.1016/j.clinbiomech.2015.11.002. Epub 2015 Nov 21.
- Biomechanical Comparison of Prophylactic Medial Malleolar Fixation in Total Ankle Arthroplasty
Justin Robbins, MD; Markus Riedl, MD; Takumi Matsumoto, MD, PhD; Adam Schiff, MD; Richard R Glisson, MD; and Mark E. Easley, MD. Journal of Surgical Orthopedic Advances 23(4):189-192, 2014.
- Sexual Function and Quality of Life after Surgical Treatment of Anal Fistulas in Crohn’s Disease, Journal of sexual medicine
Riss Stefan*, Schwameis K*, Mittelböck, Pones M*, Vogelsang H**, Reinisch W**, Riedl Markus*, Stift Anton*.
Tech Coloproctol. 2013 Feb;17(1):89-94. doi: 10.1007/s10151-012-0890-x. Epub 2012 Sep 6th
- Late pelvic function following rectal cancer resection–a case-control study
Stefan Riss*, Heinrich Franner*, Martina Mittelböck#, Markus Riedl*, Friedrich Herbst**, Bèla Teleky*, Anton Stift*.
European Surgery, Volume 44, Issue 1, pp 41-46.